Hey Queens! 👋🏽
So I am back with another superfood/plant post. This one here is my favorite. I love coconut whether it be coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut water anything with coconut except when used in chocolate – it makes me sick. Enough about my love for coconut. 🙂
The natives of coastal and tropical regions of the world can boast of their shiny and thick hair. That’s because they have known all the beneficial properties of coconut oil for thousands of years.
Coconut oil is the first plant oil ever used by mankind. It is derived from the mature fruits of coconut trees. It is thick and white semisolid; therefore, you need to wark it before using on your hair. Generally, it‘s used either externally and internally, for healthy food, ideal skin and other benefits.
“Pure, unrefined & virgin coconut oil is your ideal choice.”
Benefits of Coconut Oil for Hair & Skin:
- It stimulates hair growth by getting deep into the follicles.
- It has anti-aging properties.
- It promotes scalp health by against such problems as insect bites, lice and dandruff.
- It is essential for healthy skin growth, repair of wear & tear on the skin, keeping skin smooth and protecting against cracking because it’s contributions of vitamin E toward skin care.
- It moisturizes dry hair.
- It protects from microbial infections that can get into open wounds or even enter the body through the pores because it contains three fatty acids – capric, caprylic and lauric acid which all have strong disinfectant and antimicrobial properties.
- It adds luster, shine and softness to the hair.
- It keeps the skin smooth to the touch, as well as, retains the moisture content of the skin because it contains saturated fats.
- It prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length.
- It keeps the skin healthy and rejuvenated – contains protein which contributes to cellular health and tissue repair.
- Coconut oil slows down hair loss. [ SOURCE & SOURCE ]
Use of Coconut Oil for Hair & Skin Care:
- Coconut oil is to be applied over the scalp and hair. Then you should comb it through the hair, so that to reach every strand. Furthermore, it is strongly advisable to warm the oil before applying, massage it into the scalp, leave it overnight and wash in the morning with shampoo. [SOURCE]
- Coconut oil can be used as a lip gel (just apply this to the skin daily for cracked lips), a skin softener (apply to skin daily as a moisturizer) and a makeup remover (put some a clean wash cloth and use to wipe all that makeup off). [SOURCE]
Benefits of Coconut Milk for Hair & Skin:
- Skin Moisturizer: Have coconut milk or apply it on the skin. It helps both ways to gain smooth skin texture.
- Make-Up Removal: Mix two parts of olive oil to one part of coconut milk. This will help remove the make-up and moisturize the skin. The technique works well against most commercial makeup removers that are alcohol-based and end up drying the skin.
- Wrinkle-Prevention: Coconut milk has high levels of Vitamin C and Copper that reduce wrinkles and improve skin elasticity.
- Curing Sunburn: Tackle the sunburnt effect on the skin by applying coconut milk on the affected area. It will not only moisturize the area but soothe the pain as well.
- Hair Conditioning: Massage some coconut milk onto the inner roots of the scalp. Wrap your hair in a towel and leave it for a few hours. This acts as a wonderful deep moisturizing tonic for your hair. [SOURCE]
Benefits of Coconut Water for Hair & Skin:
- It addresses the issue of hair loss by improving blood circulation in the scalp. And, it is this proper blood flow, which enhances the density of hair and strengthens the hair follicles preventing it from breakage.
- It brings an instant glow to your skin. For this, wash your face with coconut water every day. This will soon give you a glowing, smooth, and even-toned skin.
- Massaging hair with coconut water every day can bid adieu to unruly, rough and frizzy hair. It makes your hair smooth, soft, and shiny. With its powerful hydrating properties, coconut water moisturises your hair roots, giving them much strength. It can also be used as a natural conditioner.
- As it is light in consistency, it can also be used as a natural moisturizer. It helps in reducing the oil and greasiness of the skin. It is highly recommended for people with oily skin.
- It comes with anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, which prevents itchy scalp, dandruff, and other infections that hinder hair growth.
- It can cure your sun tan as well. For this, apply a pack of multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and coconut water daily. This natural face pack removes tan and dark spots, leaving your skin with a radiant glow.
- Washing your face daily with fresh coconut water can also help you to prevent blackheads, acne, blemishes and pimples that often take away a good night’s sleep.
- If you have a dry and dull skin, a splash of coconut water or a gentle dab of it can rehydrate your skin instantly. Besides this, coconut water is a fantastic hydrating alternative to water. Drinking it can cure dehydration, thereby keeping your skin soft and supple. It is this dehydration in the body which does not allow the excretion of body toxins, leading to several skin related ailments. [SOURCE]
Man, I was so detailed in this post – must be because I love coconut so much. I go crazy for coco …. lol. Now, do you see why I love coconut so much? You get three products from this one fruit – coconut oil, milk and water and they all are beneficial to our skin and hair. What more can you ask for?
Until next time,
Peace & Love. 💋