Hey Queens! 👋🏽
How are you doing today? I’ve been researching about oils to help in hair growth and I came across canola oil, therefore I began to research about it. Canola is not endorsed in the natural hair community and from my research this seems to be a great oil for your hair.
Canola seeds are used to produce canola oil since 43% of it is oil. Canola is modified type of rapeseed. It belongs to the mustard family (canola is closely related to Brussels sprout, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage). Cultivation of rapeseed started four thousand years ago. Medical studies in 20th century showed that rapeseed contains erucic acid (chemical substance) that may induce harmful effects in humans when consumed in large quantities. Soon after, scientists created genetically improved, healthier version of rapeseed, named canola. Newly created plant contains minimal amount of erucic acid, it is resistant to herbicides and it can be consumed safely. Thanks to all these features, canola is one of the most important agricultural crops today. [SOURCE]
Canola oil is a perfect choice for dealing with issues related to hair. The presence of unsaturated fatty acids adds to their moisturizing properties. They are found to coat on the hair much better than some other hair oils. Because of the light texture, they gets penetrated into the scalp easily compared to other oils.
Once it penetrates the shaft of the hair, they will start moisturizing from inside. The oil is found to be helpful for split ends since the sterols present in canola oil is capable of recovering damaged cells. They are rich in vitamin E, which protects them from further damages. Canola oil is antioxidant in nature which takes care of body fats and proteins from getting damaged. They are also helpful in reducing the risks of heart disease, cancer and memory loss. However it is important to consume canola oil on a regular basis for achieving desired results. [SOURCE]
Benefits of Canola Oil for Hair & Skin:
- Vitamin E and useful antioxidants in canola oil will protect your skin and improve skin health. Canola oil will protect your skin from free radicals and make your skin nourished and soft. If you want to get a youthful appearance, you should apply this natural oil on your skin every day to get the valuable vitamins from it.
- Gets rid of frizzy hair – To get rid of frizzy hair and dry hair, you can combine canola oil with lukewarm water and spray it into the hair every day. This mixture will moisturize your hair naturally and prevent dry hair naturally.
- Moisturizes skin – Like olive oil, benefits of canola oil for skin are undeniable. Canola oil is not expensive and the fatty acids in the oil are helpful for dry skin and help your skin moisturized. You can combine canola oil with some essential oils as a lotion for your body.
- Do you have dandruff? If yes, you will be happy when reading this news. Canola oil can treat your dandruff very well. Combine tea tree oil with some canola oil and apply into the hair for 16 minutes and leave it for 20 minutes before rinsing off with water and shampoo.
- Soften and smoothes skin – Fatty acids in canola oil will soften and smoothen your skin over the body. You can mix canola oil with some lavender oil to apply into the body after warm bath. This natural remedy will be helpful for some skin infections such as blemishes, acne, eczema, alligator skin, etc.
- Prevents hair loss – Do you want to heal this problem naturally? Try to mix canola oil, almond oil, olive oil, lavender oil, and rosemary oil to massage the scalp for 20 minutes. Then, wash the hair as usual. This treatment will help you prevent hair loss as well as stimulate your hair growth. [SOURCE]
I’ll be going out to get me some canola oil and as mentioned before it is a cheap oil. Are you a natural haired girl on a budget but want long hair? Give this oil a try.
Until next time,
Peace & Love.