Hey Queens! 👋🏽
I am a lover of bags, therefore I cannot wait to see what’s in store for the types of bag a pear shaped individual should have in their wardrobe.
A bag can enhance your outfit, as well as, carry your stuff right at your side. 🙂
Pear-shaped women carry their weight in their hips and thighs, therefore one should purchase bags with shorter straps that hang high on the body. Avoid bags that hit at the hip, especially styles that are very slouchy and lack structure. [SOURCE]
Try a smaller bag that fits snugly under your arm. It will help you draw attention away from your hip area and toward your bustline. A hobo or shoulder bag that end well before the hips, tend to be the best choice. This will help balance out your figure. Messenger bags and satchels should be avoided since they will cause the eye to move downward. [SOURCE]
Can I give my two cents as it relates to a pear shape wearing a bag that should fall above the hips? Personally, I hate bags that fall above my hips. I love satchels and cross bags whether they be structured or unstructured. Generally,
There are two important rules when deciding on a bag to wear:
- Choose a bag that has the opposite shape to your body shape; So, if you’re tall choose a bag that is wide (like the Kelly). And if you are short chose a bag that’s long (like the messenger).
- Choose a bag whose size is congruent with the size of your body; so if you are small choose a small bag; if you are big, choose a big bag. It’s that simple!
Other Handbag Tips:
- The point where the bottom of the bag hits your body will accentuate that part of your body. You should find a bag that puts emphasis on the best part of your body. A bag that sits on the mid section of the torso is usually flattering to the waist. This kind of emphasis is good for most body shapes.
- Over-sized bags are usually more casual and are nicely balanced if you wear at least one lose piece of clothing (baggy pants or a loose top).
- Smaller bags that have a shoulder strap can be worn as an everyday bag. Clutch bags can be quite versatile and can go wonderfully with day dresses and evening dresses depending on the type. Dressy clutches usually have beads or sequins.
Now that you know what style of handbag will flatter you the most, you will be able to make more confident decisions when it comes to purchasing a new bag.[SOURCE]
Until next time,
Peace & Love.