Hey Queens! 👋🏽
Egg is used worldwide as a beauty product and a hair product. We use it a lot in our DIYs and I have started to use it in my weekly face routine.
Eggs are laid by female animals of many different species, including birds, reptiles, amphibians, mammals and fish, and have been eaten by humans for thousands of years. The most popular choice for egg consumption are chicken eggs. Egg yolks and whole eggs store significant amounts of protein and choline, and are widely used in cookery. Due to their protein content. [SOURCE]
There are two parts in an egg – the yellow yolk and the white, that are beneficial for skin and hair. Egg yolk does the job of nourishing and strengthening hair. Egg whites have high amounts of Vitamin A and collagen that help in faster treatment of scars and burns, wrinkles, acne, skin rashes. With 69 different kinds of proteins in an egg, you can imagine the power of reducing fine lines. [SOURCE]
Benefits to the Skin
- Remove facial hair: Women with excessive facial hair can try this natural way to remove it. Beat one egg-white, and apply it on your face with the help of a brush. Then cut out the shape of your eyes and lips from a tissue paper, brush it with egg-white and gently place on your face. Remove the tissue gently once the egg has dried. You will see facial hair also on the tissue.
- Tighten pores: The white of an egg has astringent properties that shrink pores. In a bowl, add one tablespoon of egg white and a squeeze of lemon. Apply this to your face or affected area. Remove after 15 minutes and pat dry with a towel. Do this twice a week and you will feel your skin tightening.
- Reduce facial oil: if you have oily skin, this is the best remedy for you. All you have to do is apply egg-white and wash it off once dry. Make sure you wash your face thoroughly before doing this.
- Fight acne: Oily skin causes acne so when you control the oiliness, the chances of acne also reduces. Make sure you don’t use a brush to apply egg white on acne as it aggravates acne. Use cotton or your fingertips.
- Reduce puffiness around the eyes: Apply egg-white with a finger below your eye. Gently massage and wash off once dry. Then apply coconut oil.
- Remove wrinkles: Egg-white tightens skin and naturally reduces wrinkles. Apply an egg-white mask once a week. Or mix egg-white with lemon and multani mitti and apply as a face pack. Both help reduce wrinkles. [SOURCE]
Benefits to the Hair
- Treating oily hair: Many of us crib about oily hair but now we have it covered for you. Egg white tightens hair follicles which in turn reduces excess sebum and reduces oily scalp. Apply it and leave it on for 15-20 minutes before shampooing.[SOURCE]
- Shiny hair: Using eggs on hair can return their natural luster and shine with the help of the fatty acids they contain. People having hair that is hard to manage can be made a lot more manageable with the use of eggs. [SOURCE] Take egg white in a bowl, and whisk it well till it rises. Then add a tablespoon of lemon juice and apply to your hair. Wear a shower cap to avoid the egg dripping. Wash off once it dries off. Your hair will feel shiny and softer after one session. [SOURCE]
- Combat dry hair: Lack of moisture is the reason why hair becomes dry. Applying egg on such hair can provide it the moisture it is lacking. The moisturization properties of eggs thus make the hair smooth and soft as if they were new.
- Prevention of hair breakage and repairing the damage sustained by them is also made possible by the nutrients present in eggs.
- Fix hair loss problems: The loss of hair problems are taken care of by the vitamins A and E present in eggs. Besides, egg yolk which is rich in protein makes the hair follicles as well as the roots of hair strong so that they do not fall off easily.
- Hair growth: To help speed up the growth of hair, the vitamin B12 and sulfur present in egg yolk can prove to be very useful. It can make your hair thicker and increase its volume by a considerable amount. [SOURCE]
Until next time,
Peace & Love.